Today five civil society organisations from Queensland participated in panel discussion in PLAN3005/7121 Community planning and participation (coordinated by Sonia Roitman). The session aimed at examining the role of community engagement from the perspective of a diverse array of well established organisations.
The speakers and organisations included:
– Q Shelter (Fiona Caniglia)
– Tenants Queensland (Cameron Birkhead)
– Micah Projects (Jim DeCouto)
– Environmental Defenders Office (EDO -Queensland, Alison Rose)
– Logan East Community Centre (Gillian Marshall-Pierce)
Each speaker presented their organisation and the type of community activities they run, including different forms to participate and contribute to planning processes in Queensland. Students were very impressed by the presentations and enjoyed an active Q&A session.
A big thank-you to the speakers and their organisations who generously contributed with their time to the Planning Programme at UQ.