Our staff and students are at the forefront of research into globally important issues including cities and regions, individuals and societies, climate change and sustainable development.
► Would you like to join our leading RHD program?
Visit our SEES page to see the variety of investigations currently underway and to find out about available project topics. In addition to the listed topics, we encourage you to propose original topics in our areas of expertise.
Email enquiries are welcome! We can help you refine your ideas.
To assist us in assessing your suitability as a PhD or MPhil student under our supervision, please include in your email:
- Your current CV
- A list of publications (if any)
- A short decription of your proposed project
Projects which are international and comparative in nature are particularly welcome.
~ Notes for international applicants ~
The University of Queensland Graduate School Scholarship (UQGSS) is extremely competitive.
If relying on being awarded a UQGSS, prospective PhD/MPhil students need to meet the following criteria:
- At least one high-quality, international, English-language, peer-reviewed academic publication (not in a national journal, a conference proceedings book, or a newspaper). This criterion is crucial.
- A high GPA (equivalent to Honours 1 in Australia)
- Strong references
- English language requirements
If you do not meet the above criteria (in particular related to publications), we do not recommend progressing to a full application yet as we do not wish to waste your time or raise your hopes. This is not a reflection on your skills and qualifications, but simply because of the increasingly high volume and standard of our applicants.
Alternatively, international PhD/MPhil applicants have the following options: