PIA has, as a primary objective, the advancement of the study of regional and town planning, civic design and related arts and sciences. A further objective is to improve the general and technical knowledge of both students and graduates.
To meet these objectives, PIA maintains a close relationship with teaching institutions, including the review and accreditation of courses, and the recognition of student achievements.
Each year PIA (Qld) awards prizes for the best performance by students enrolled in planning courses at tertiary institutions. This is an important, visible role of PIA recognising the importance of academic achievement and research.
Congratulations to our brilliant students:
Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning
- Best first year performance Catherine Sayer
- Best second year performance Cameron See
- Best third year performance Tymeka Wotherspoon
- Best performance overall program Anna Wilkinson
Master of Urban and Regional Planning
- Best performance overall program Alex Dimmock