The Minister’s Town Planning Prizes were presented today (23/05/17) by the Honourable Jackie Trad MP, Deputy Premier, Minister for Transport and Minister for Infrastructure and Planning. These prizes have been presented each year since 1989 to Queensland university students whose thesis or major final year research study is considered to contribute significantly to the advancement of regional or town planning techniques by local government.
The University of Queensland 2017 Winners:
- Michael O’Connor, for his thesis: ‘Opportunities for introducing land value capture to finance line haul public transport in South East Queensland’
- Julius Frias, Best performance overall program, Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (BRTP)
- Henry Kassay, Best third year performance BRTP
- Olivia Nesbitt, Best second year performance BRTP
- Anna Wilkinson, Best first year performance BRTP
- Laura Harvey, student bursary for secondary school students undertaking planning courses at university.
Congratulations to all!
Congratulations to our brilliant UQ urban planning students and their families. We are so proud of you!
Congratulations! Well done.